Saturday, September 11, 2010

This is what she does.

Riley is almost 13 months. I just cant believe all that babies learn in such a short amount of time. Everyone tell us to really enjoy her while she is young. "Its is going to go by too fast" they say. I try to take in every moment, when she wake in the middle of the night and wants to just be cuddled until she falls asleep again I do it with a joyful hart and LOVE every moment of it. BUT i still feel like I am missing everything! It really does go by so fast. And I LOVE being a mom, I love being her mom. I hope someday she will know just how much we love her. I hope I can tell her all the stories about her daddy playing with her and doing things most men dont with a new born baby. And he did it for me and for her.

This is the day we brought her home.





This is what she does. She climbs on everything! she says: dada, mama, duck,store,up, down,all done,yeah, ball, no, star,light,yum, night night, I am sure she says more but I cant think of it right now. Riley started walking too. She took about 6 steps last night. I remember her waking many times at night, sometimes I would get so frustrated because I thought it would always be like that. I thought I would never be done nursing, now she hardly takes a bottle. She wants to do everything herself,eating, walking,drinking,standing,and sitting.
I guess what a lot of parents don't realize is that our job as a parent is to make them independent, I mean if I still had to wipe Riley's butt at 15, I would be very concerned. I don't really know why I am writing this. I don't know if this even makes sense.
Greg and I love our baby girl. She has taught us so much about how our Lord loves and views us. His timing for her was so perfect. I am so thankful and so blessed to have the family that I do.

This is Riley now, literally like 25 minuets ago. I am so in love with this child. I pray that God would give me the grace to raise her up in Him. Knowing how it is to be a a"pastors kid" I know I NEED His wisdom and guidance in raising her. That is my prayer over her every night as she take her bottle and I get those few moments she allows for me to snuggle her. That is what I do.








2 comments:

  1. Isn't being a Momma incredible? I think we have the best "job" in the world - loving them and praying for them, watching them grow even more beautiful and seeing their little personalities change. Ahh, it's heaven on earth. Riley is so lucky to have you for a Momma!

    ReplyDelete